Facebook has a simple fundraising tool that you can use to support Baykeeper’s critical work defending the Bay from the biggest threats and holding polluters accountable.
Make sure to set up your Giving Tuesday Facebook fundraiser before the day itself to give people plenty of time to donate.
- Click this link to get started creating a fundraiser on Facebook.
- Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Choose an amount: enter the total amount you want to raise that is suitable for your network. Most people set a goal of $250 to $1,000.
- Set a deadline: We suggest keeping the fundraiser open for at least a few days prior and after Giving Tuesday to give your Facebook friends time to respond.
- Describe why you’re fundraising for Baykeeper: keep it short, mention #GivingTuesday, and tag @SanFranciscoBaykeeper. Facebook will also give you the option to include a description of Baykeeper’s organizational summary. Or, you can add your own personal message of why Baykeeper is important to you. Example:
I support @SanFranciscoBaykeeper because I see the good work Baykeeper is doing holding polluters accountable and protecting San Francisco Bay. Please join me in supporting Baykeeper’s work on behalf of the Bay for #GivingTuesday!
- Photo: You can use the default Baykeeper cover photo that will pop up, or replace it with a photo that represents why you want to protect the Bay.
- Create: Click the “Create” button to publish your fundraiser.
After publishing your fundraiser, make sure to periodically repost it to your news feed to request donations. Remind people about the fundraiser in the days leading up to Giving Tuesday, and on the day itself.
That’s it! If you have questions about fundraising for Giving Tuesday, please contact Baykeeper.