Baykeeper welcomes the opportunity to talk with journalists about issues related to San Francisco Bay water quality, pollution, and protection.
For interviews with, or comments from, a member of Baykeeper’s science, policy advocacy, or legal team, please contact Fiona Baker. Baykeeper also has a motorized patrol boat and can host journalists on pollution patrol or to view pollution incident sites (where safety allows).
Fiona Baker, Communications Associate
(510) 735-9700 x. 104
Outside of normal business hours, please call (510) 735-9700 and press 1 to leave a message for our press contact.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Pollution incidents and emergencies in San Francisco Bay
- Oil spill response and cleanup
- Increased fossil fuel infrastructure, including refinery expansions and new coal terminals
- Pollution impacts on Bay wildlife
- Pollution impacts on recreation in the Bay
- Pollution impacts on the health of Bay Area communities
- Trash contamination in the Bay
- Storm water runoff contamination from industrial facilities and city storm sewers
- Sewage spills, leaks, and overflows in the Bay and local creeks
- Bay dredging, sand mining, and upstream flows
- Bay wildlife and habitat protection
- Sea level rise impacts and planning
- Shoreline development at risk of flooding due to sea level rise
- Founded: 1989
- Executive Director: Sejal Choksi-Chugh
- Board of Directors Chair: Peter Molnar
- Number of Employees: 11
- Headquarters: 1736 Franklin Street, Ste. 800, Oakland, CA 94612
- Office Phone: (510) 735-9700
- Pollution Hotline: 1-800 KEEP BAY
- Funding: Individual donors and grants
For information about our impact, you can download this Baykeeper impact backgrounder.
Photo by Roger Cunningham