You can help Baykeeper now and in the future through bequests and other planned giving options. Bequests and planned gifts are valuable for both donors and for Baykeeper. For you, the advantages include tax benefits, recognition and the satisfaction of knowing that you are leaving a legacy of environmental protection for the San Francisco Bay. Planned gifts are especially important for Baykeeper because they benefit our advocacy and enforcement programs by providing a reliable source of income.
By including Baykeeper in your will, you can ensure that your support for our work continues in perpetuity. Baykeeper pledges to put your gift to the best possible use to protect and enhance the water quality of the San Francisco Bay and its watershed.
Outright bequests to Baykeeper are free from federal estate tax, and there is no limit on the amount you can give to Baykeeper.
There are several ways to make a gift through your will. You can give:
- A Percentage: I give, devise and bequeath to Baykeeper, whose principle office is located in Oakland, California, _____% of my estate to be used for its charitable purposes.
- A Specific Dollar Amount: I give, devise and bequeath to Baykeeper, whose principle office is located in Oakland, California, $___________to be used for its charitable purposes.
- A Residue: All the residue of my estate, including real and personal property, I give, devise and bequeath to Baykeeper, whose principle office is located in Oakland, California, to be used for its charitable purposes.
Please note: The above language is suggested. Consult your attorney when preparing any legal document.
Pension and Insurance Plans
You can name Baykeeper as a beneficiary of all or part of your retirement plan, such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b), or as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
Life Income Gifts
A life income gift allows you to make a gift to Baykeeper and receive payments from your gift. Such gifts include charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts. Each plan allows you to help Baykeeper in the future and enjoy immediate benefits in exchange for your contribution. A life income gift allows you to:
- Receive fixed or various payments for life.
- Provide benefits for a surviving beneficiary.
- Take income deductions in the year the life income plan is established and carry them forward into as many as five additional tax years if necessary.
Baykeeper is a charitable, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. For more information about Baykeeper and ways to support our work, please contact Eliet Henderson, Development Director, at (510) 735-9700 ext. 101 or email@example.com.