Thank you for your support of a healthy San Francisco Bay. With the help of our committed members, Baykeeper is making the Bay safer for clapper rails and harbor porpoises, healthy swimmers and thriving surfers, kiters and boaters.
And in 2012, Baykeeper will confront some of San Francisco Bay’s biggest polluters with our Bay-Safe Industry campaign. Please make your 2012 gift to Baykeeper today, and help us stand up for a healthy Bay this year.
Your gift will help:
- Launch Baykeeper’s new campaign to rein in toxic runoff from industrial facilities.
- Make sure city governments implement new requirements to control pesticides, heavy metals, trash and chemicals that wash into the Bay.
- Hold the West Bay Sanitary District accountable for sewage spills to the Bay.
Baykeeper is the only organization dedicated solely to protecting the Bay from pollution. We don't take money from polluters – our supporters are the reason our small, committed staff is so effective.
Plus, Baykeeper spend 93% of the money you donate on program costs – setting the bar for Bay Area nonprofit cost-effectiveness.
You can be sure your gift will have a big impact. Just look at what we accomplished together in 2011. Baykeeper:
- Won sewer upgrades from nine East Bay cities that will prevent millions of gallons of undertreated sewage overflows into the Bay.
- Mobilized nationwide opposition to a federal bill that would roll back key pesticide protections under the Clean Water Act.
- Secured the cleanup of a major San Francisco ship yard’s toxic runoff to the Bay.
Thank you for your support of these past victories. With your help, we can continue to defend the future of San Francisco Bay.
Photo by Jazure (Flickr/CC)